Pages

Monday, August 27, 2018

The Hospitality of El Shaddai

Both signs 
silently spoke their welcome with 
those ubiquitous church sign words:
"WE WELCOME YOU."

I chose door #1.
Locked!

Then, I chose front door #2
Locked!

I finally chose door #3
and it was opened unto me.  
Even though their church doors were locked
I appreciate the people of 
Trinity Episcopal Church
who opened the doors of their hearts to allow 
this little Ethiopian Diaspora Fellowship
 find a place to plant their new congregation.


El Shaddai: a Hebrew name for God often translated:  God Almighty
I truly was welcomed
by the people of one of our soon-to-be chartered 
Southeastern District Congregations:
El Shaddai  
(translated:  God Almighty).

Pastor Gemechis and Evangelist Wasihun
Meet Pastor Gemechis and Evangelist Wasihun, 
Both pastors have teamed up to lead 
this seedling congregation.  
They are both preparing 
the applications to become 
Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod Pastors
through a process called colloquy.  


El Shaddai people worshiping Jesus
They welcomed me in their worship.
The Holy Spirit translated 
their Oromo and my English into
 praise for our King Jesus!
Then I had the opportunity to pray over their children,


Three little PKs (pastors' kids) 
and have fellowship following the worship service
enjoying Ethiopian bread and coffee (of course).

El Shaddai worshiping community on Sunday, August 26, 2018
I was welcomed 
by brothers and sisters in Jesus 
and there were 
no locked doors!
One day soon,
 I look forward to the moment 
we can all welcome 
El Shaddai Lutheran Mission
as a member church of the 
Southeastern District -LCMS.
May we all learn to unlock our doors,
and practice hospitality.

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, 
for by do doing some people 
have entertained angels 
without knowing it."
Hebrews 13:2













No comments:

Post a Comment