Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

5:17

5:17AM
I took the screen shot below 
 at Midway Field, Chicago
as my phone alarm went off while
I stood in line at Dunkin Doughnuts
at 5:17 AM.
Yep, a delayed flight caused me 
to miss a connection the night before, 
so I got to stay overnight 
in Chicago and fly out early.
That's why I was standing in line 
at 5:17 AM this morning.

I'm sharing my Dunkin Doughnut story with you
because I'm getting ready to ask you 
make a commitment to set your alarm 
for either 5:17AM or PM 
for the next 30 days.

I think I hear you asking,
"Why should I set my alarm for 5:17?

I'm looking for people in the Southeastern District 
of the Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod 
(and beyond)
who will band together 
to pray a bold prayer of faith for 
the people living next door to us in our neighborhoods. 

Specifically, I'm asking you to make a commitment 
to pray once a day (5:17AM or PM) 
to the Lord of the Church.
We are praying that 
by our May 2021 District Convention 
our 216 congregations will have the joy of
welcoming 50 new chartered congregations
into our fellowship.  


Why 50?
Through our neighborhood ministry outreach 
we hope to have ministry activity in 
500 new neighborhoods across the SED
over the next three years.
We are praying that 10% 
of the 500 new neighborhood ministries 
will become new church plants. 

But why pray at 5:17?  
It was in I Thessalonians 5:17 
that Paul encouraged the people to:
"pray without ceasing."
Some translations say: "pray continuously."

Here's what he said: 




So set your alarms and join us 
as we pray for 50 new church plants.
At least try it for the next 30 days.  

I'm hope that our Lord Jesus 
receives these prayers so frequently and so continuously 
that He says to His Father,

"It's them again in the SED." 







No comments:

Post a Comment