Pages

Friday, November 4, 2016

Blessed in Our Most UnBlessed Moments


A beautiful view of the Sea of Galilee
 on a rolling hillside
possibly the site of 
Jesus' Sermon on the Mount
The Mount of Beatitudes 

A visit to church on All Saint's Day celebration

and it's likely we will hear Jesus' words:
"Blessed are you when. . ." (Matthew 5:1-12)

But whenever I am that one to whom He speaks
finding me when I'm:

poor in my spirit,
hungering and thirsting after righteousness . . .

feeling guilty,
mourning my loss,
feeling a little persecuted
I don't feel too blessed . . . until
I remember

Jesus is standing in front of those unblessed ones.
And just like that . . .
He meets me at the intersection of
my unblessed moment -- and with
Kingly presence and life-changing Word  
He recreates
 baffling badness into
 kingdom blessedness.

And only later I realize:
I've was blessed! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment